A gentleman's pad in Madrid...


I love Spain. I love everything in there, the smells, the food, the people, the music and the arts and the fact that people keeps beautiful antique furniture and accessories in their houses from generations to generations. 
A couple of years ago I had the pleasure to remodel an apartment in Barcelona and this year I just finished the work on this beautiful apartment in Madrid. 
Inspired by the person who owns it, the pictures, art and the history of the ones who lived in there I came up with a design where New York meets Europe. 
I used microcemento on bathroom and kitchen walls and floors, that way we didn't have to deal with the demolition. 
We added one of the four bedrooms to the living area and a small den to the kitchen area.
The only pieces I bought for the place were a glass console I used on the entrance, the sectional on the living room and the reading black leather chair and ottoman, for the rest I re used what the family already has, including artwork and re upholstered some beautiful antique chairs and benches. 
I kept the original parquet floors and re stained in a dark almost black color.
Hope you guys like it!!


LIVING ROOM BEFORE

LIVING ROOM AFTER
                                                  kitchen progress


                                            MASTER BATHROOM AFTER

MASTER BATHROOM BEFORE


                                                    KITCHEN BEFORE

                                                    KITCHEN PROGRESS

KITCHEN BEFORE

Comments

Popular Posts