DIY Outdoor Rooms

With summer around the corner it is time to start thinking about planning or renovating your outdoor space. If you know me you already know that spending a lot of money to make a room pretty it's not my style but having practical, efficient low cost ideas that gets you the extra mile is always my way to go. When I did my patio a couple of years ago I'll never imagine that would gave me so many satisfactions and opportunities but what nobody could believe is that it was made for under $2500.00. The low seating area cost me a total of $400 dollars including the mattresses and fabric, the curtains and bamboo roads with their brackets have a total cost of $160, and the coffee table was made out of scrap wood from the beds and a $1 dollar beach mat. The trick was to have a very clear and specific plan, and to do must of the work myself. After receiving so many emails asking me how to do it I draw the plans and instructions and started selling them trough my website and last week I got an email from a client (now a friend) who recreated my patio in her house, BRAVO Gladys!!!! You did an awesome job. It was a great satisfaction to see it done up to the very details, I'm posting her pictures below and the link where you too can get the plans... you are not going to believe it...
Remember that you can make the most out of your room just but changing the paint color and arranging the furniture in a different way. Treat your outdoor room as a continuation of your home, work with the same style you have in the rest of your house. It should have all the elements that an inside room has like rugs and curtains and chandeliers and accessories but suitable for outdoors or weather resistant. Try to recycle stuff you already have around the house, if you like the way an object looks but don't like the color perform very cheap plastic surgery and spray paint it, use empty glass jars like the ones from tomato sauce or empty cans and transform them in candle lanterns, you can even hang them using wire. Arranging empty wine bottles displaying some greenery from your garden  gives you the 'nature touch' without incurring in the cost of flowers or use the empty bottles as candle holders for a romantic tuscan style 'Al fresco' set up, sea shells and rocks in glass containers filled with water and a floating candle is beautiful for dinning time and a piece of rope is a good choice to replace napkin rings. The organic, rustic look always works well in any outdoor space. Don't go crazy... you don't need a lot of stuff or money to make your patio look like out of a magazine... Trust me.
Click here to get the platform bed plans with step by step instructions and a list of materials and tools, and build yours this coming long weekend!
XOXO
Mariafer





Some easy inexpensive ideas...












Gladys' Room... isn't AWESOME!!??!!!



Comments

Rachel Follett said…
Loving these tropical oasis's!
Hali said…
ooo... pretty
Erica Cook said…
Loving your blog and this post was particularly interesting as I also posted on my very own outdoor room today. Come visit! Will be following! xo Erica

http://moth-design.blogspot.com/
Mary Ellen (ME) said…
What beautiful images I can't wait for summer!
-ME
Lindsayb-mo said…
Thank you for becoming a follower of my blog. Be sure and stop by to enter my giveaway! =)
Sanity Fair said…
Love the candles in a bottle! That would be so easy to do.
Karen said…
Hi, first visit here. I knew I had to stop by when I saw your blog's title listed on someone's blog list. Some great ideas here. I'm your newest follower!
Justin Pearson said…
I'm constantly at weddings and events and can really appreciate these wonderfully creative ideas. Thanks so much for your blog. Justin

Popular Posts