Inexpensive closet doors makeover.

With inexpensive materials you can change the look of your boring closet doors. I updated this doors a couple of years ago using aluminum flashing, wallpaper, plexiglass and spray paint. Cut them to fit the inside part of the louvered doors and attach using liquid nails.
Good Luck!
Mariafer.
Aluminum flashing roll from Home Depot, cut with scissors use gloves when cut them. This doors are in my son's room.
Before, boring door.
Plexiglass painted on the back side with white spray paint, use any color you want. I cut them with a dremmel router. Changing the knobs and molding makes a big difference too. This doors are in my office.
Wall paper and dark chocolate paint. 

In this picture you can see the doors in the back.



Comments

Natalia said…
Wow. What a result for very little $. Love it.
Viera said…
Very clever,final result is great.
Thank you for your comment Maria.
Great design! And I loved the last photo.

Greetings from London.
Susana said…
Fantastic! Es genial!
Anonymous said…
Oh my gosh! You may have saved us some cash. We must try this on the doors on my son's room. Thanks you!
Sanity Fair said…
Love this idea - and the results! Can't wait to try it out.
Michael said…
All transformations are amazing, but I especially love the painted plexiglass. It is beautiful!
Sugar said…
that's a great idea ! thanks for sharing .. =)
CB said…
Wow! You are a very talented woman! I love your blog.

Thanks for visiting me:D
nikkicrumpet said…
VERY clever! I love the idea of the spray painted plexi! And the shoe store turned out marvelously too!
kado! said…
WOW! I ♥ how those turned out!
Ali said…
WOW you are really talented!!! I am NEVER showing you pics of my house!!!! 8)
wow, looks great! liquid nails? have to look into that...
love your blog and your website too, going to start following now, I miss miami!!
check out my blog too, having a fun giveaway!
~leticia
http://galsintheknow.blogspot.com/
Dutchbaby said…
The aluminum flashing is brilliant. I have to look up what liquid nails are. I agree with Cuban, the last photo is beautiful. I would like to sit on that white sofa and touch that art glass piece on the coffee table. Is it from Murano?
Unknown said…
I love the flashing on the closet doors. Fantastic!!!
I also love your horizontal stripes too! Can you possibly share the paint names and brand. I'd love to have that in my fitness room!!!!
cameron haven said…
You have given me such inspiration! I have very modern taste and haven't had closet doors in our bedrooms for 2 years because I couldn't find any custom, modern ones that fit our budget. I am hiring a handyman I have worked with in the past to recreate the plexiglass doors you posted photos of. Anymore tips on how to get the plexiglass to stay in would be greatly appreciated!

Popular Posts