Little Havana and the Calle 8 Festival

Last Friday I went to see a client near by the 'Little Havana' and I decide to park my car in the famous Calle 8 ( spanish for Eight Street) and walk around and take some pictures to share with you. This neighborhood in Miami with many Cuban immigrant residents is named after Havana the capital and largest city in Cuba and is well known for its social, cultural and political activities. Little Havana is characterized by the street life, excellent restaurants and the warmth of its residents.
Over 1 million people from around the planet would be attending today  the biggest latin festival in the world 'The Festival of Calle 8', this street party is the culmination of the two weeks of Miami Carnival events, 23 blocks with activities for adults and children, street dancers, hundreds of kiosks of international food, but best of all this celebration is world renowned for its music, top recording hispanic artists performs from dozen of musical stages and you can see people dancing everywhere to the rhythm of salsa, merengue and reggaeton... I have never attended this event but I had a lot of fun just watching it on tv, who knows maybe one day I put on my dance shoes, grab my Cuban descendant husband and we'll go 'Living la vida Loca'...

Hope you enjoy the pics.



The Tower Theaters

The Domino Park



They get together every day just to play domino and talk about Cuba.

The walkway of the stars, I couldn't find Gloria Stefan and Celia Cruz...



Willy Chirino




a mom and pop music store

Houses 





This is how many Cubans get to Miami .... no joke. Now is for sale at a car dealership as a collectors item for $150,000.00!!


Comments

Kris said…
I would want to visit Havana for the culture and the food. I imagine the food is authentic and so different from what we are use to here. Love the colorful buildings and the collector's item.

Have a happy day

Kris
Unknown said…
great photos ..it looks beautiful there!
Oh that looks like fun. I missed it by a week! so sad!
Ah I must see this :-) Thanks a lot for this post! You must had a great time there.
Nani said…
ahhhh, I love South FL :) I am going to miss it SO much!kpreb
Lynett said…
Love it! I'm from Miami to (and Cuban) and love the culture you find walking down Calle Ocho :)

Popular Posts