Inexpensive DYI Headboard




I was organizing my photos file and I came upon this picture from a guest room I did for a client almost seven years ago. It was on a very tight budget (under $300) and it had to be done in a day. Headboards were out of question and most of the budget went to bedding and accessories but I really wanted to have headboards so I used some leftover paint and moulding I have in my house and this was the end result, the combinations are endless, you can use any paint color/moulding combination or even use leftover fabric or wallpaper instead of paint. Paint the wall first and then install the moulding.
Good Luck!!

Comments

drollgirl said…
what a creative and inexpensive solution! they look great! and a headboard just makes a bed so much more interesting!
Unknown said…
oh that is fabulous. Did you just paint the wall? I love it ...I can never find just the right headboard ...and 300$$$ is not a lot to decorate an entire room on ...jeesh! Nice job!
Viera said…
Transformation is amazing. Great idea, Maria
Finally Friday, Enjoy.
Cynthia said…
That's a great idea. It would be even cheaper for me since my Daddy is a custom cabinet builder and can be honeydo'd! Nice job. It's hard to create style on a budget.
Great job you did here...First I thought it was 2 different room :-)
Congrats!
Lagean Ellis said…
Looks good! I also like just "padding" a large, flat piece of board.
Just put the padding down, cover with the fabric of your choice, stable the fabric to the back and you're done.
Natalia said…
Wow...so much impact, without impacting your wallet. Love it.

How've you been?
nikkicrumpet said…
I went years without headboards on any of my beds...until I finally made my own. It's amazing how much they dress up a room. It just doesn't look complete without one. I love this simple and inexpensive idea. The room looks amazing compared to where it started! I can't believe you did so much in one day and on such a little budget!
Suzy said…
Looks fabulous. Who else do you read? I used to read Design Sponge but now read Casa Sugar/ Anyway, love yours!
MS said…
Oh, how cool. I actually just bought one and I love it but this is a really good idea!
Sweet Caroline said…
Wow, what a difference the color and bedding makes for the entire room. Love your work. I am glad you found me so I can follow you!
Anonymous said…
Thanks for sharing this. I am going to use it!
Dutchbaby said…
Brilliant! Attractive, easy, inexpensive, flexible -- what's not to love?

Popular Posts