Barbie, Fifty and Fabulous got real house in Malibu.










Barbie's 50th Birthday is today and she got a great present. Interior Designer Jonathan Adler, decked out a real life 3,500-square-foot pad overlooking the Pacific Ocean in Malibu that looks like the doll's outrageous home. He says that took six months of planning and a few weeks to install. The house includes an original Andy Warhol portrait of Barbie valued at more than $200,000 and a chandelier made up of more than 30 blond wigs, a closet filled with 50 pairs of pink peep-toe heels, wall-to-wall pink carpeting with her initials in the bedroom and a pink Volkswagen New Beetle with a motorized pop-up vanity in the trunk. A museum inside the house features 25 vintage Barbie dolls on display. The celebrations start today with a celebrity soiree in the house and a fashion show in New York in the weeks to come.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I just blogged about Barbie's birthday. I dunno- if Barbie doesn't want that house, I'll take it.
drollgirl said…
oh i wish he would deck out a house for ME!
Cynthia said…
Wow! That would be an interesting house to tour. I wonder how long they'll keep it going?
Anonymous said…
She not only stays fashion current at 50, but has a fabulous house!
Michelle said…
If anyone should design a house for Barbie, it should have been mr. adler. love it.
Natalia said…
The shoes absolutely cracked me up!

Love it.
nikkicrumpet said…
How cool....so are they just leaving it as a museum?
Unknown said…
Fabulous house! I hope I get a Jonathan Adler designed house when I turn 50! :)
Decor To Adore said…
That Jonathan Adler! I bet he played with the divine doll at least once in his life as he made a perfectly posh pad for her.
I was never a big Barbie-fan, but all those pink peeptoe shoes? I'd take them in a heart beat! I'm lovin pink.
Thanks for this lovely post :-) I was a barbie collector for a while so I found this really interesting...Can't wait to hear about the Barbie fashion show :-)...Have a great weekend, love: Evi
Hi!
Thanks for the Love Link!
I think your pictures and your blog is great!
I will put yours on a link to from my page..If you do too? That way we can keep in touch!
Have a great saturday!!
I am going to two shows (Junque sales) Today!
Wish me luck!


Vanessa
The Rhinestone Contessa
Carebear said…
Oh my goodness! That is crazy. Gorgeous and fun! 6 months of planning - wow! I wonder what will happen to all that stuff once her bday is over and life gets back to normal?!?! Ebay? Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a new follower! Be sure to watch for my upcoming Support Our Troops Giveaway!
Dutchbaby said…
I only know Jonathan Adler from the designer reality show on Bravo. It's nice to see his wonderful work. I especially like the last photo. I can picture that room with Barbie and all her teenage friends hanging out there.

Popular Posts